Sunday, July 18, 2010

The whole home story.

1 week in the new apartment!  Let me catch you all up to speed seeing that it has been a while since my last post. 

Contradictory to the last post I did not move in the day after.  Due to some crazy mixed signals and information we moved in on our lease date and not earlier like we had been promised.  Lesson learned, never believe apartment management when they give you false hope.  

After moving last Sat. we spent approximately 2 hours traveling around College Station looking for a comforter that met my two requirements :  
      1) Not scritchy - scratchy+ itchy = scritchy
      2) Pretty but not dorm room pretty.

We found success at Anna's Linens which we had been two 3 times that day with this awesome comforter. 



The rest of the week has been spent unpacking, cleaning and, buying.  There has been so much buying going on. I forgot how much there is to buy for a new apartment. I pretty much have formed close personal relationships with all of the Walmart, Big Lots, Bed Bath and Beyond and Anna's Linens employees.  The worst part of it is that I still have stuff to buy. In my rush to buy the essentials I missed a few things like Ziploc bags, aluminum foil and, plastic wrap the small but important stuff really. 

So even though I wish I could be buying fun clothes for school that will have to wait till my "Giant List of Apartment Crap" is bought.  Don't worry debit card. We will be back at TJ Maxx soon. 
     


No comments:

Post a Comment