Thursday, June 24, 2010

Kookaburra sits in the old gumtree.

Yesterday I visited the Houston Zoo with my family and it a blast.  Here are some pics of all the awesome animals.

I never saw an armadillo before but now I definitely want one as a pet.



We also saw the Meerkat exhibit (my mom's favorite)


I think they thought we were going to feed them.




According to my mom (the expert) he/she is the lookout, watching the skies for birds who might try and eat them.  Instinct is still strong even in captivity. 




Lounging in the sand.




Too Cute! 




I found Nemo! 




And Dory!





Albino Alligator. He has been at the Houston Zoo for as long as I can remember. 




Apparently the little one doesn't fully understand how to play Leap Frog. 




This reminded me of the very first pages of Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone. 






It only slightly creeped me out that the world's deadliest snake stared me down. 



Giraffe.  I am always amazed at how tall they really are.




Hungry giraffe = action shot! 




Momma with baby! 




Feed me! 




This is Liberty.  She has been at the zoo for 10 years.  She was injured when someone shot her and has lost the ability to fly.  




This is a Kookaburra. I had heard of the Kookaburra because of the old kids song but did not realize it was a real bird.  I also got to hear its call and it does in fact sound like laughter. 
"Laugh Kookaburra, Laugh Kookaburra, save some gum for me."  




Finally the awesome sea lions!  They were play fighting with each other trying to bite the others tails.


The zoo was so much fun!  I really have to go more than once every couple of years. 


No comments:

Post a Comment