Saturday, June 5, 2010

Maybe its the Neopolitin talking.....

 Woo hoo!  I am unemployed!  Being that my job is to sub for teachers and that teachers are no longer working it must follow that I am no longer working.  On my first day of unemployment I visited my local cinemaplex and took in movie. Sex and the City 2.  I loved it.  I have read reviews and critics claim that the plot is then and the movie is way to long but I dare say that the critics don't get it.

Even before I had HBO I was a SATC fan.  I would watch the show on TBS and then decided that I wanted to invest in the series buying up all the seasons when I could find them. I fell in love with the women of SATC and was able to identify with all of the characters but like most girls I want to be Carrie. For the first time on television there was a show that portrayed women as strong, independent, sexual beings.  No longer was the woman stuck in the 30 min sitcom nagging her husband and minding her children.  She was now a ball busting business women who had lots of sex and was even allowed to enjoy it. REVELATION!

Then there is the fifth character of the series and that is New York City.   She is the glamour of the show. . I watched SATC for that glamour just as much as the story lines. A whole new world opened up to me.  A world of shoes, bags, dresses, fashion....my god the fashion.

The latest story line may be a little thin but if you know and love the characters then you love the story.  It works because for a short time (approx. 146 minutes) you get to catch up with your girlfriends over some cosmos and compliment each other's shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment