Friday, June 18, 2010

Two Guys, A Girl, and a Futon

I just got back home from at trip to College Station.  It was a packed couple of days and I didn't really have much time to update the blog but I am back and ready to write.

I spent the majority of the trip on a mission to find the perfect seat.  I searched furniture stores all over the College Station area by myself and with my friends Shawn and Jay and ended up buying a wooden futon for $100 off of Craigslist. I love my new futon.  It actually smells better then Kevin's apartment (where it is being stored till the big move).  

During the search for the futon we stopped at the used furniture store seeing if there would be a nice find.  While there was a colorful assortment of couches and futons there was nothing that struck my eye especially when they were asking $300 for a used couch from the 80's. I found a much nicer, cleaner, newer, and better smelling couch at Big Lot's for the same price.  However, Kevin and I came to the conclusion that a futon would be best for our apartment so friends and family would have a place to sleep if need be and Jay and I came to the conclusion that a wood futon is much more adult than a metal one.

I will post pictures of the futon once I get it all dolled up.

No comments:

Post a Comment